Saturday, February 14, 2009

- No, Hun. Stop.
- Baby...
- Don't insist.
- And why not?
- Just don't.
- You don't love me.
- Don't be stupid. I do. I just think we need to take it slow. Give time time.
- Give time ti... But the world is ending!
- Don't be dramatic. Just because I don't want to doesn't mean the world is ending.
- But the world really is ending! Don't you read the papers? It's coming to an end. There is no time for antyhing.
- Don't exaggerate.
- Exaggerate?! We have to enjoy life now. Today. Do everything, try everything...
- Stop, I told you.
- Listen, what about the comet?
- What about the comet?
- The comet is a sign. You think the comet's out there by chance? It's a sign. The end is near. The end could very well be tomorrow!
- Let go. I'll leave.
- Ok. Just tell me one thing. What about the crisis?
- Which one?
- Exactly, which one? Everything is in crisis. There's not enough paper, meat..
- Tin.
- Tin, vegetable oil, gasoline, construction material. You know how we'll end up?
- Now you're mad.
- You know how we'll end up? Digging for roots. Yes. You and me fighting over a root, over chives. Water, there'll be no water, it'll all be contaminated. And I'm being optimistic, because...
- Don't get worked up, Hun.
- Because there could be another war at any moment! Then...
- Honey...
- And you wanna give time some time. That's rich. Before the end of the year we'll be fighting over sewer rats. Yup. And whoever wins has to eat it raw. There'll be no more wood to burn. And it will be like that for everyone.
- Come here. Calm down, sit. Sit back.
- Give time time. It has to be now. Quick. Enjoy while we can.
- You're right. I'm convinced.
- Sewer rats, you hear? And no salt, there'll be no salt either. Wait, you're convinced?
- You convinced me. Now I want to. You're right, we have to enjoy life while we can, before the crisis takes over. Come on.
- Hold on a second.
- Come on. Weren't you dying to?
- I was, but now I'm a little depressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment